Excursions are organized outings of several days designed to refresh participants physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
These excursions are not vacations. They take the form of structured spiritual retreats in a unique setting designed to refresh, recharge, teach and transform participants as they journey together
through a series of tasks and events.
For example, sailing excursions take participants on trips of several days in a variety of weather conditions. These activities will
- Devotional sessions
- Spiritual exercises (Lectio Divina)
- Silence, solitude and prayer
- Reflective sharing based on readings
- Group discussion and interaction
- One on one mentoring and mutual ministry
- Assigned duties (such as anchor watch, helm duty, cooking, cleanup, crewing)
- Theological (Biblical) reflection, reporting and discussion